Auto / Motor Car Insurance
This insurance product indemnifies the insured against direct loss or damage to the insured vehicle as well as pays the claim of the third parties for death, bodily injury or property damage. It also provides personal accident insurance coverage to the driver and passengers riding in the vehicle.
Types of Motorcar Insurance Coverage:
- Compulsory Third Party Liability (Bodily Injury)– a requirement for every vehicle about to be registered; it’s an insurance against bodily injuries suffered by a third party involved in the car accident.
- Own Damage– insures against accidental damage to the vehicle insured.
- Theft– insures against loss of the vehicle including its components or accessories as declared and described in the policy.
- Excess Third Party Liability (Bodily Injury)– protection against bodily injury to a third party in excess of the limits of indemnity extended by the CTPL (see above).
- Third Party Liability (Property Damage)– protection against liabilities incurred due to damages to the property of a third party arising out of the use of the insured vehicle.
- Personal Accident– insurance to cover bodily injuries of the vehicle’s passengers due to an incident whose nature is accidental, violent, visible and external.